1.04.2011

Pardon my French

Did ever hear anything about lingua franca? Well, I did but I only knew little. Okay, let me begin with this information according to http://www.britannica.com/.
Lingua franca, (Italian: "Frankish language") language used which intend to communicate among people who speak everyday speech that uncommon to be understand. The phrase was originally used in the Middle Ages to express a French-and Italian-based jargon, or pidgin, that was developed by Crusaders and traders in the eastern Mediterranean and characterized by the invariant forms of it nouns, verbs and adjectives. These changes have been interpreted as simplifications of the Romance languages.
Language is important for us to communicate whether verbally or written. It is common for European people to be able to speak in many languages as suppose we able to speak Javanese, Sundanese, or even language that Irian Jaya people use.
Arpan Sharma
Driven by Arpan Sharma, a boy who just 10 years old that can speak 11 different languages. I try to learn French just few days ago. Not necessaraly to the language course but by online at www.french.about.com. I think my passion with language started since I was in elementary school when my friend got some series of English book edition. Then, English Lit became my major. I find out that to learn language we also learn the culture of the people itself. So, I can't wait to learn language of people in the Artic.

2 komentar:

  1. Have ou heard of Esperanto, a planned lingua franca? I think you would enjoy learning it.

    Esperanto works! I've used it in speech and writing in about fifteen countries over recent years.

    BalasHapus
  2. Thanks for your info
    I just google Esperanto and it gain another language that I can learn.
    From your blog I can see that you travel a lot. Hope I get a chance same as you are, so I can use this Esperanto.

    BalasHapus